Infection control has always been a top priority for us at Notley Dental Care. We follow stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
You will note some changes at the practice when it is time for your next appointment. These new safety measures and revised protocols are there in order for us to operate a safe and efficient dental practice for all our patients, our staff and our wider community following COVID-19.
- When making your appointment we will ask you some screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to attend and that we give you an appointment time personalised to your needs. The day before your appointment we will carry out a pre-assessment and if we feel that you could have been exposed to Covid-19, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request that you delay your appointment.
- We have invested in new online technology that allows you to fill in all necessary forms on your smart phone or your computer at home before your appointment. These will be emailed to you before your visit and you will be required to answer some new questions relating to Covid-19.
- We have prepared a greeting station where a touchless hand sanitising unit will be available, we kindly ask that you use before entering. We would also like you to bring your own face mask to wear during your time in the building. We will be escorting patients directly to their appointments whenever possible.
- Please ensure that you are not early for your appointments and that you attend alone as we, in line with social distancing, are aiming to have less patients in the waiting room at one time.
- We will increase appointment intervals and limit the number of people in the practice. Patients at high risk, for example the elderly and people with certain health problems may be offered appointments at specific times. We will discuss any special requirements you may have when booking your appointment and I emphasise that your well-being is our number one priority.
- We are all wearing high grade protective equipment, more than you have been used to, depending upon the procedure planned. Don’t worry its not going to stop us from offering the personalised service that you are used to.
- Please remember that the practice cleanliness is set by the CQC standards, which we adhere to, all our surgeries are fully disinfected and ventilated between appointments. We are increasing the time between appointments to allow for extended cleaning. All common areas including door handles and surfaces will also be regularly disinfected at set times.
- Our reception now has an acrylic screen for the safety of our patients and staff. We recommend that payments are made by card and contactless where possible, Apple and Google pay are convenient for this. As a temporary measure we would be grateful if you do not pay with cash or cheque. These measures will greatly help limit your waiting time at the practice and help prevent the build-up of significant numbers of people in our waiting area.
These cross-infection protocols are constantly being revised and monitor as we learn more about how to the virus. You can telephone the practice on 01483 417102 or email us directly on email if you have any further questions on our Covid 19 safety measures. W look forward to seeing you at your next visit.