Why Choose Notley Dental Care
- We offer the highest standard of treatment and service at competitive prices
- All of our clinics always have fully trained medical professionals available to answer your questions
- You will only every be treated by a highly trained Practitioners
- We offer a variety of treatments including ‘Baby Botox’ and ‘Advanced Botox’
One of the most effective and dramatic ways to improve your appearance is to enhance the shape and fullness of the lips. Our experienced practitioners ability combined with a highly developed aesthetic eye ensures our clients achieve a natural, refreshed appearance on their lips.
What is Lip Enhancement?
Lip Enhancement, or lip augmentation, is an office-based procedure that enhances the appearance of the upper and lower lips. Materials most commonly used for these procedures are Restylane and Juvederm, both hyaluronic acid fillers. Patients who seek lip enhancement have a desire for fuller lips with better definition. Lip enhancement can also help to address unwanted vertical lines and wrinkles around the mouth, also known as smoker’s lines. Lip enhancement is also effective to restore volume in excessively thin lips resulting from ageing.
The following can all be improved by having lip enhancement:
- Thin, flat lips
- Wrinkles and lines around the lip line
- Vermillion border and cupids bow are soft and not defined
- Area between upper lip and nose appear flat
- Corners of the mouth turn downwards
What to expect during treatment?
Lip enhancements with injectable lip fillers provide pleasing results in as little as 30 minutes. The results with injectable lip fillers are temporary because the body eventually breaks down and absorbs the filler.
Restylane Lip Volume is designed for lip enhancement and lip augmentation. It creates fuller lips, or defines and contour lip borders (for example the vermilion border or Cupid’s Bow) for a beautiful smile.
Juvéderm® VOLBELLA® with Lidocaine is the latest advancement in the Juvéderm® range of facial fillers, developed specifically for lips and mouth area. It has been specifically developed as a smooth gel to give a soft, natural feel. The gel fills in lip lines and wrinkles while the hyaluronic acid within attracts and retains moisture, so results can last up to a year.
What to Expect After Treatment?
- Some minor swelling is expected after lip enhancement. This usually settles within one to two days.
- A small percentage of patients will also develop minor bruising that can usually be covered with makeup.
- Patients should avoid exercise for twenty-four hours after the procedure to minimize swelling.
- Otherwise, patients can resume work and normal activities.
The results of lip enhancement vary. However, in experienced hands, the results of a lip enhancement should last for between six and twelve months. Many of our patients even notice some enhancement well beyond a year after treatment.
Discover the potential benefits of Lip Enhancement and book in for a FREE Consultation at Notley Facial Aesthetics to discover how it can help to reduce the signs of ageing, improve your appearance and change your life. We see patients in the Godalming, Guildford, wider Surrey as well as London area.
Lip Filler Aftercare
What To Expect Directly After Your Treatment
Post lip augmentation treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the lips, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
No recovery time is required after lip augmentation treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
Occasional bruising can occur; it is usually short term and lasts a few days.
Your nurse will discuss your recovery and what to expect when you attend you appointment
- Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours post lip injections treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures until redness and swelling subsides – no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post lip augmentation treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours minimum post treatment
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area
- Lip injection treatments are normally recommended every 6-12 months.